Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Brazilian Drugstore Online

LA CRONACA DI CREMONA INTERVISTA ACIDO

1) Did you have trouble you publish a book that has as its central point the race and athletics in general?

Well, we say that apparently it was more "smart" a book about football, I say apparently because those who work in publishing are displaced on these issues. Maybe they do not know that road racing is the most popular sport, for those who love him can become a real establishment, not the football on Wednesday, it soon becomes something deeper, even if done at a low level requires dedication, not invent anything, now we realize that the outputs must be frequent, in practice it runs almost every day and compete each week for twelve months. I do so at least in the summer coming to race three or four times a week.

2) and what elements have worked to build a noir story about the sport?

I worked for the note on the setting, discipline extreme cruelty and the objectivity that does not escape. With us the track is always 400 meters and the clock does not forgive, there are the chat bar slob. My protagonist is a strong athlete, but perhaps not enough, wants to emerge at all costs, out of athletic mediocrity, beat the African athletes, perhaps at least as "second line". E 'willing to do anything, to plant a syringe in the stomach in the middle of the night, to make a life that is a cage desperate feelings to live freeze-dried. It investigates the mystery of a death by suicide, but I would not say more.

3) There is much talk of doping, it seems that all samples should be ordered to make a pact with the devil in pharmacy ...

Mine is a novel, fiction that intersects real historical facts, I'm not hiding the hand that threw the stone, but I played everything up to go to extremes to be unpleasant, it is no truth to the reader over, some me some paper case I went to see the ... I have sometimes caught by the dark pages of the sport and I have used, deformed, transformed. But no fury as a crusader, ever, is a book with a complexity, which plays to crowd the reader, to let him make the mental journey of the athlete doped. The illegal practice dell'autoemotrasfusione I thought that was very strong narrative in the novel, I gave as obsolete, while a English doctor practiced it for athletes of all sports and of various nationalities. As usual, the reality ...

4) And what an athlete are you?

Scarsini, I did track and field from 9 to 14 years, then I went back to the 25. Acid somehow "rebuild" an area of \u200b\u200bcareer that I attended. I got my hole time and I worked up a story pitch black. I arrived in 5000 to run a 15.40 and 1.12, the half marathon. Middle class, neither fish nor fowl, in 1996 the level was very high in Emilia, by this time did not win even a provincial country in the amateurs, some Baldini won the regional stage of the company ... Even without absolute talent
I understand the pain and commitment that the sport requires, today to 42 years still run under 35 minutes, 10 thousand. For me is important, it is as if I surrender to aging, like I wanted to cheat the weather in the competition. I look at the timer to not look at the calendar.

5) Who does not know anything about athletics has enjoyed the book?

I would say so. It was now the mission of this operation. Create a novel on several levels, changing and metaphorical. It's my third book and I have a small niche of readers, the other book deals with another. Acid was supported by trade press (Running, in particular, with whom I work today), but was welcomed by critics as a literary text with its own dignity extra sporty.

THE CHRONICLE OF CREMONA

0 comments:

Post a Comment