MARCO RAFFELLI INTERVISTA ACIDO
I finished reading Lactic Acid. A novel set in the world of athletics, an open window on the dark side of professional sports. The life of middle-distance star of the Italian Claudio Seregni. A soul on the brink of a precipice, bad with himself and with others, indifferent to the attacks of others.
Lactic acid is a representation of many small dramas, fantasies, fears and failures.
The story moves in a circle made of hard training, repeated on the 400 as only 25 can be, impossible dreams and hopes, a paddock with a perimeter of red blood cells as heavy chains, doped to the death.
These days I spoke with the author, Saverio Fattori, and has led to a conversation about sports, life and hope for a world that sometimes seems no longer to belong.
Saverio what would be the character of the book had he not done the professional athlete?
Claudio Seregni is the worst. There is an athlete like that. Or maybe yes. But I have pointed out that during the best pages, it is probably true.
could become human, but then loses Clara even before meeting her and lose the opportunity. It 's basically a desperate man, a person infinitely alone. An unbridgeable solitude.
Seregni do not know what it was, the point is that I used as an excuse the athletic metaphor to describe what we are bad ...
The character of your novel is hard, in a passage of his book Doctor (supervised the preparation of the chemical) was one of the few to have told him how he lives and that the end would have done anything he has not moved an eyelash . Its hardness has allowed you to make him say things that otherwise you could not not it?
Yes, the Doctor describes it well in the end. Claudio Seregni is rotten, because it is closed in the same ss, even if he has not been more going to make it anyway.
I suspect the psychology of young broken promises, the child prodigies often end badly. As a writer I are negative, but I got bored that you deny the harshness of professional sports, athletics is fabulous (I figured, I return from Berlin) so many beautiful smiling faces, but lots of background we do not see them. As a writer my job is to lie (by failing to test), but in an intelligent way, pretending to take in the true random ...
My hope was that the story of lactic acid functioned as a metaphor and that would go beyond the microcosm athletic.
I left a sick feeling ... yellow eyes of too many athletes for the substances consumed, vomiting, skin board, swollen veins around. How to get to the bottom? I do not write things
reassuring to be so black with the sport I love has been a challenge. Even for the reader. I ask him to play the game, to walk the journey "wrong" to continue to hate doping, but trying to "understand". Attention, to understand does not mean to justify.
There 's nothing demonic races in the business world and the like. None. I just say that in recent years there has been too much emphasis on the marathon speech, seems to have become a body sé rispetto all'atletica leggera. La maratona è una costola dell'atletica, non viceversa. Questo equivoco nel tempo ha generato guasti in Italia esplosi a Berlino. Un grande maratoneta parte dall'attività su pista, comunque, ha corso i 1500 metri a 3,40.
Da settembre porterò Giulia, mia figlia, in pista alla Farnesina un paio di volte al mese, tanto per farle respirare l'aria, il suo sguardo sarà puro, chi ci sarà accanto a lei ?
Occhio, il mio libro è un noir, non è che gli atleti forti sono automaticamente dopati! Ho esagerato nel libro per ragioni di speculazione narrativa. Tua figlia vedrà ragazzi forti, sani e puliti, di talento alla Farnesina, stanne certo.
What is the sport that allows you to do the same path as a world champion.
Athletics is the most beautiful sport of all. Anyway. Always. Here's what remains. Even after Marion Jones who seemed really clean and big girl icon of enormous natural talent. But we must keep our guard high. I
I would not dream of playing with Totti all'Olimipco, but to run in NY with Baldini yes.
fact ... inter alia, the cooperation of Baldini during the marathon World Cup has been amazing. In sports without direct physical contact, there are no particular malice. We are all focused on ourselves.
's athletics has in itself the myth and the indecency of this world.
do not agree, the wrong perspective. The fact is rather that we can not expect that professional sport is our garden untouched, when the degradation of ethics and cultural backgrounds from all parties.
The difference between your work and that of Covacich (Ed. Einaudi at breakneck speed) is in reality: is catchy at breakneck speed, lactic acid is bad.
I am extreme, sometimes irritating, but there is Covacich mica light ... I think the thing is just shocking acid in the use of narrative, as I said above forces the reader to immerse themselves in the ... Covacich brings the narrative climax the final race, the stall of the living acid Desert of the Tartars. I should not say, however Daniele Menarini who wrote the preface noted. Commendable.
How have you documented the drugs?
I had a builder friend who told me years ago, details of certain practices (like the thing of subcutaneous GH and keep in refrigerator) and now the net is full of information. On the history of doping in Italy Eighty years c 'is "Champions of no value" of Donati and Seven. Extremely rare ... as a writer-athlete (amateur '67 year class in 3000 and 16.40 9.23 in 5000, both for framing) are still able to put myself in the character, but I run to beat the others and when vado male (tipo al garetta chiusa malissimo stasera... cotto) vado un po' in paranoia.
La figura del preparatore com'è nata?
Il Doctor è inventato completamente, infatti è una figura stranissima nel mio libro, molto complessa. Non sono mai andato da un medico sportivo, mai fatto nemmeno una dieta. I due allenatori se ci fai caso riprendono lo standard dello sbirro buono e dello sbirro cattivo...
Chi non si dopa oggi nello sport? Ci sono atleti puliti? (puoi anche non rispondere).
Vado a naso. Oggi non penso ci sia un sistema federale dove il doping regni, penso che siano iniziative personali di atleti medi non più giovanissimi, forti ma non come vorrebbero loro. There are 3 hour marathon athletes who use illicit drugs ... I would also checks for between lovers in a prestigious road races, track championships master already there.
I care to explore our limits, the exploration of ourselves. I am obsessed with old age, I train and compete to take the piss time. Knowing that he finally fuck me.
Thanks Xavier soon and good pace.
The interview was published on Podisti.net Marco Raffaelli, MarioMoretti.it, Maratoneta.it
0 comments:
Post a Comment