Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sniper Spotting Telescope

Farro Barley +

L'estate ci accompagna in questi giorni con i suoi alti e bassi. Punte di caldo da non dormire la notte fino a tornare a temperature normali come quando non si parlava di allarme inquinamento, buco dell'ozono e malattie della Terra.
In queste last 3 nights I slept like a log really, even with the windows closed tonight (miraculous to be in Rome!) and clinging to the sheet. The problem comes when they wake up that is every day more difficult. I think the fatigue of a year's work we are doing to hear.
Another interesting aspect is how the taste of summer is orientated towards certain foods.
It 'been completely set aside my infinite passion for chocolate, sauces, processed, manufactured foods too.
Now my desire to run colored dishes, vegetables, beautiful and varied fruit that summer offers us, fresh (or cold!) And of course ice cream.
Last night was the time Farro Risotto with Barley and .
Serves 2
mixture of barley, barley, millet, mung beans, red lentils.
120 gr bacon
1 / 2 white onion
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 / 2 cup white wine
I dipped in a bowl 200 grams mixed with cold water and ' I left it to soak for 6 hours.
I rinsed the mixture boil, and I did, I drained and I have kept the cooking liquid.
In a pan I added a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, white onion, cut into slices and 120 grams of diced bacon, I added the mixture di cereali e legumi, un bicchiere di vino bianco ed ho fatto evaporare.
Ho continuato la cottura aggiungendo lentamente il liquido che avevo conservato e mescolando con cura. Raggiunta la consistenza desiderata ho servito in tavola.
English Corner:
Summer is going on with hot days, unexpected showers and then again.
Lately we had sunny days but withouth umidity. Last night I had a good sleep with closed windows ( quite incredible in July for this city!).
Unfortunately the problem starts in the morning. It's so difficult get up, I feel like all the weariness gained after a year of work is coming out. I need holidays, but I have to wait until August.
There is an interesting change in my life about food. Now I've completely forgotten my passion for chocolate, sauces and rich foods. I want only vegetables, fresh cheese and ice cream.
Yesterday I made a Risotto .....without rice but with Spelt and Barley.
Ingredients for 2
200 gr of Spelt, Barley, Pearl Millet, Red Lentils, Green Beans
120 gr bacon cubes
1/2 white onion
1/2 glass white wine
1 tbsp e.v.o. oil
put the mix of cerals and legumes in a bowl withfresh water for 6 hours.
Drain and boil in salted water. Drain the mix and store the water.
In a pan pour a tablespoon of oil, add onion and half slices of bacon cubes. Cook for a minute then add the mix of Cereals and legumes and adding the stored water and cook stirring.
After 15 minutes ... it's ready to eat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment