A cost of getting more than half an hour late for the lecture on Saturday afternoon, I peg away and go to the library in search of something truly Japanese, something that contrasts with dignity the subject of my previous post.
leaf through some big book to my attention is, to say the snaps on "graphic design in japan 1996", Yearbook of Jagd - Japan Graphic Designers Association -. I remain skeptical, however, whether or not to borrow, not exactly the '96 yesterday and ink printers in the past is something ... But yes, I take it even though we were up to 99 directories - plus three years are not the ones who have made a difference - and then I'd already fallen in love before.
It may seem trivial, I hope not, but Japan loves the colors, shapes, clean and large airy spaces: to put in a word, white. If in those years in the States tried and praised the jarring juxtaposition of colors - perhaps the legacy of fluo decade before - in the Far East has always sought a harmonious contrast with bold colors and flat backgrounds, with great attention to the balance of space. However, an eye gaijin (foreigner) can not help noticing how the written word is valued, if not drawn, on which every Japanese tradition of pride pervades. So strong is their culture - perhaps because of the absolute closure has found that the country until 1600 - that every spiritual aspect emerges as key issue for each job / project / thought, be it art or design. The Nature and Tradition are eternal blessings, and these must remain in spite of History. course more ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment