D omen is always a Sunday, and Ippei if he invites me to a special event I did not let some escape. Asakusa fact, one of the most typical (read: tourism) in Tokyo, May 16 to 18 to keep the feast of the temple of the God of Thunder: An excellent opportunity to learn how to still persists in the traditional capital.
The premise of the day were not the best - due to stiff neck - and we were forced to miss the Design Festa, but nice tangled up in the afternoon I was still standing. At the station in Kokubunji know a strange guy from Los Angeles who has lived here for 25 years and shows us gently by the shortest route in the tangle of subway lines. It is strange to note that here, perhaps more than elsewhere, it is easy to know the tourists you meet, as if there was some kind of solidarity in the casino overall, the series "because we do not understand anything both you and I, we share the discomfort be lost. "
arrive punctually at the meeting, Ippei wait for an hour and a quarter. Not because I wanted to pull the pack, but because there was in all the chaos that reigns there, and I mean everything. So it happens that David and I are an exceptional guide to see what is around us - even if perhaps it was more difficult to understand the English Ippei - and we are now bottled in a almond-eyed crowd all dressed alike, with traditional tunics, all divided "for the team, while leading the altar as small as a heavy rate of singing and clapping. The casino is deafening, it was crushed against the shops and there is even room to breathe, but there's a festive atmosphere of joy and excitement, everything to attract the attention of God
finally managed to get to the temple, and we also find peace of mind. We can not abstain from making a small donation to the temple for us to predict the fortune. The operation was simple enough and rightly so random: they give 100 yen, and shakes a metal tube with numbered sticks inside. Take out the stick and tray with the same number. Read the outcome. David and Ippei fishing throw two numbers then bind to a sort of stand to take home not just for bad luck, while I peach , 99 ... you can read what's written in the picture!
photo burst for all the stalls are located in the courtyard and near the temple, those with the okonomiyaki to that of the kebab - I'm ashamed to say it, but I had one wish I would have eaten the cook! -, From those with caramelized apples with goldfish fish with a spoon to paper thin. Tanned and looking for a place to eat and what better time to sneak in a little place run by two typical rough vechietti specialties katsudon?! The place I have ten seats, all crammed next to each other watching the counter and the kitchen. We spent a little and ate well, even if the atmosphere was also said by Ippei, rather frigid: silence and looks inquisitors to two Westerners trying to learn 70 adjectives by Wednesday - is a landslide, sigh! -. After we lost in the maze of streets surrounding the restaurant - see video - we find a subway and after 2 hours by train we are at home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment